A RUSH album featuring some very famous songs, played on most of the concerts they do. Before the album was released though, the band released to singles. Cinderella Man, and the amazing cover song called Closer to the Heart. The album was very monumental for the band, because this is yet another milestone for them, it introduced a new time of RUSH music. Soft and slow RUSH music, something that, judging by previous albums, was ground not yet explored on. This album started the Cygnus X-1 series. Unlike 2112, where the whole 20 minute of the song represent the story. Cygnus tells the story within in 2 songs on 2 different albums (see Hemispheres for further details.)
- A Farewell to Kings
- Closer to The Heart
- Cinderella Man
- Cygnus X-1 Book 1: The Voyage
On a Side Note....Edit
- The song Cinderella Man was based off of the Frank Capra film "Mr. Deed Goes to Town".
- Madrigal is cnsidered one of RUSH'S softest songs and one of the shortest, being only 2:35 minutes long.
- It made Billboard's Pop Albums for 1997 at position number 33.
- After making the Billboard's Pop Albums 1997 the band remastered the album, for the occasion.